GRAND STRATEGY GAME REINASSANCE-INSPIRED GREAT HOUSES of CALDERIA ENTERS EARLY ACCESS NEXT YESTER
Firesquid Games, publisher, and Resistance Games have revealed Great Houses of Calderia, their new Reinassance-inspired grand Strategy game.
Great Houses of Calderia is “Crusader Kings III meets Game of Thrones.” You will be the head of your own house. Instead of focusing only on one character, you will have to manage your entire family of unique characters who can act independently during your reign. “
They are crucial in spreading your influence throughout the country and forging alliances with influential houses. Their behaviour can lead to unfavourable consequences that spiral into war.
In an email press release, the publisher describes the title’s key features.
- The real-time tactical resource management system allows players to take strategic control of social and military conflicts.
- Send delegations to compete for houses and organize trade agreements.
- Defining family traditions over generations will give you unique advantages and disadvantages.
- Your family members should be appointed to essential tasks in your delegations for trade, spying, negotiation, and lead your armies. Secure your succession by organizing marriages
- The events that they face will shape the personality of key characters, which can impact their willingness to serve you.
- There are hundreds of events that have important decisions to be made to deal with various situations, from war and diplomacy to personal family journeys.
- To specialize your economy and gain a competitive edge, assign key characters to supervise productions of a Fiefdom.
- Explore Calderia, the magical land where legends and myths are solved
- Native mod support is available at launch to help you create your own stories.
Great Houses of Calderia launches with mod support. It aims to have high replayability, and characters that you can control can change the course of your family’s story.
The developers describe it as an accessible and focused grand-strategy game, although this genre is notoriously difficult to learn.
Steam Early Access will be available for Great Houses of Calderia sometime in 2022. Check out the trailer and wishlist below. You can also follow the announcement on Valve’s storefront.
Follow GameWatcher on Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest PC gaming news. Check out our YouTube videos, give us a like on Facebook and join us on Discord.