ICYMI: This is Everything From Nintendo’s December Indie World Event
Although Nintendo’s indie focus has fluctuated over the years, it is hard to describe occasional indie events as more than helpful for looking for new experiences and games that go beyond the usual path. The December 2021 gaming showcase was perhaps the final one of the year. It focused on undiscovered titles, with some known variables.
- Sea of Stars is a new RPG by the creators of the action title The Messenger. It’s shown. It is set in the same universe as The Messenger and serves as a prequel. It features a rocking soundtrack featuring contributions by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono composer)! The Game will be available in holiday 2022.
- This 3D exploration-action title, Aliisha-The Oblivion of Twin Goddesses, is displayed by Taiwanese developer Underscore. Split gameplay is featured in the Game between two sisters. One uses motion controls to solve puzzles, while the other must use touchscreen controls. It will be available exclusively for Switch consoles in Spring 2022.
- The Loco Motive train murder mystery is presented with stunning 2D pixels art by Stardew Val publisher Chucklefish and Robust Games. The switch will get the Game in summer 2022.
- Pikselnasia is an Indonesian developer team that created the visual novel/music video After Love EP. It’s a heartfelt story. It is unique because it takes place in Djakarta. Rama, the Game’s protagonist, struggles to make his life meaningful and music after his girlfriend dies. After Love EP will be available on Switch in Summer 2022.
- Zombie cooking title Dungeon munchies from maJaja is a 2D sidescrolling Rogue-lite. The player character has died, but Necro-Chef Simmer has revived it and asked them to find new ingredients for their recipes. Dungeon Munchies has been shadow dropped for a release today.
- Figment 2 Creed Valley is a Danish musical game that bears some resemblances to Bastion. When the Game is released in February 2022, we will find out what boss fights mean. You can also download the demo today!
- Let’s Play! Oink Games offers a variety of board games, including investing, art, dice rolling, and other games. These games can be played online or locally and are available as a console exclusive.
- Hero beat Studios discusses Endling. Extinction Is Forever, an unannounced game about a mother fox and her cubs struggling to survive. According to the developers, the Game is all about nature and conservation. The Game will launch in Spring 2022.
- Olli World is a joint of the Private Division. This trailer shows off all the different environments and tracks. Pre-orders for the Game are open now.
- WayForward presents River City Girls2, which is the debut of gameplay. River City Girls, unlike the original, features an online co-op, multiple characters, and the original couple Kyoko and Misako of River City Girls. Riki and Kunio, the boyfriends-in-distress from the last Game, are playable and two new female characters. Switch and presumably other platforms will be getting the Game in Summer 2022.
- Parkaurus, a park sim, is coming in Spring. Don’t Starve Together is coming in Spring. Chicory, Game of the Year-quality title, is coming later today. Baby Storm, which I believe is about online comment sections, is coming on January 21. Gerda: A Flam in Winter is coming in Summer 2022. Timeline is a timely release today behind the Frame. The Highest Scenery is a game about painting in Spring 2022.