TOTAL WAR – WARHAMMER 3 PATCH NoteS – HOTFIX PLANS Detailed
Developer Creative Assembly has released Hotfix Plans and Patch Notes for the Total War recently released Total War. It is now expected that the first set will arrive later in the week.
Total War: Warhammer 3 will release its first hotfix to address issues related to multiplayer lobbies as well as DirectX 12. It will also improve the framerate for players who use modern Intel CPUs, according to its patch notes.
However, the developer did state that the release date of the hotfix may change depending on many factors. These include the developer having the changes “implemented and tested” by itself and external partners. This also ensures that the game’s stability is not compromised.
Creative Assembly faces a major challenge due to the “failure of identifying a single source for all the issues being reported.” “
We have identified many actionable options, but each will only benefit a specific group of users, not everyone. We’ve chosen to adopt a surgical approach to address these issues: we will deploy smaller hotfixes more quickly than waiting for a larger update to fix all the problems”.
“We are determined and committed to making improvements as quickly as safely as possible, but we must not rush the process at any cost to the game’s stability. “
Performance and optimization remained the top priorities in Total War: Warhammer III fixes. However, implementing solutions will take time.
“At first you will see small, targeted improvements in certain areas of the game. In later updates we will be able make more significant improvements to stability and other areas of the game. This is a long-term effort that we anticipate will be a top priority in the future. “
The performance was a bit sluggish towards the end of the game when I was reviewing Total War: Warhammer III. However, I hope that the first improvements will be made quickly.
The first Hotfix for Total War: Warhammer III went live on February 24th and included the above-mentioned changes. On the Total War website, you can view its patch notes.
Total War: Warhammer III Patch 1.0.2
Creative Assembly shared additional details on Total War: Warhammer III Patch 1.0.2 and the changes reflected within its patch notes, March 3. Here’s the initial list.
- The primary problem under investigation is the ALT+Tab accident, which accounts for many of our crash reports. Although we have found a solution in testing, it is complex enough that further investigation is required to ensure it doesn’t cause any other problems in the game. We hope that it will be included in the next build. However, our testing will show whether or not it is safe.
Unintended VSync Lock:
- Users have reported that their game framerate is limited in certain situations, regardless of their hardware. If you wish to play Flex, we are working on a solution to V-Sync.
Additional Alderlake Improvements:
- Windows 11 and Windows 10 users will no longer experience performance stuttering due to the 12th generation Intel processors.
- Some players may desync during multiplayer battles. We are working to correct this problem.
Issues when the game is installed to a path using non-ASCII/non-English characters:
- This scenario would cause the game to crash on booting. This warning message will be displayed to players who encounter this problem.
Total War: Warhammer III’s Patch 1.0.2 was initially scheduled for a March 10 release. However, Creative Assembly noted that it could be delayed to March 17 if necessary to ensure the changes aren’t causing any other problems.
It clarified on March 10 that the patch would be delayed to the week of March 14th, launching the patch that day. For the complete list of changes, you can visit its patch notes. Patch 1.0.2 won’t include the planned ALT+Tab crash fix because it introduced new graphical problems to the game.
The developer intends to host the fix as a Steam Beta branch after it has gone through further testing. This will allow willing players to opt-in and test it with their hardware configurations.
Total War: Warhammer III is now available on PC. It can be purchased at Fanatical and other major stores and Xbox Game Pass.