Update to Baldur’s Gate 3 brings a lot of improvements
One of the biggest regrets I have had this year is that I can’t play Baldur’s Gate 3.
It’s time to move on from my miserable little existence. There’s a new update available for PC gamers of Baldur’s Gate 3, that I’m not in the least jealous of. It comes with hundreds and hundreds of small fixes and improvements.
There are a lot of changes. Let’s dive right in.
BLOCKERS AND CRASHES
- Fix the issue that caused you to become stuck in dialogue.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when loading a saved game made in the middle of a dialogue.
- The issue where you could not enter Shadowfell when saving while prompting was displayed has been fixed.
- Fixes a crash that was caused by the UI.
- Fixes a possible crash that could occur when you save while standing on an object during combat, or in Turn-Based Mode.
- Fix a rare bug when loading savegames made in the camp. This would result in a party member spawning outside the camp.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when you choose to stop listening during a conversation.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when you apply dye outside the inventory, or using non-conventional methods such as Reward Panel.
- Fixes a possible crash in multiplayer when the client touched the transponder and left the party and the host then tried to open Party View.
- Fixes a crash that could occur if the Character Creation interface was loaded when the user is no longer on Character Creation.
- Fixes a crash that could have occurred when the item tooltips were displayed for items that grant skills but do not belong to anyone.
- Fixes a rare PhysX crash.
- Fix for a crash that occurred when moving objects were involved.
- Fixes long fadeouts while listening to dialogues on multiplayer.
- Some githyanki clothes no longer allow the penises D and C to clip.
- The undies of male gnome magicians are now available.
- Fixes an endless loop with Minor Illusion where both the enemy and illusion repeatedly entered and left combat.
- Fixes the issue of necromites joining in with Ketheric’s combat.
- Moonrise’s upper-floor enemies will now engage in combat with the enemies below.
- The dragon of Fixed Voss reappears after the scene at the Mountain Pass.
- Fix for a Moonrise Towers book that displayed an internal variable instead of its correct content.
- The boss’s fight against Ketheric was not progressing due to a bug.
The version number below the map has been removed.
It is now possible to improve the stability of the UI by preventing crashes, savegame corruption, and other possible issues.
Fixes issues when minimizing a game that caused Vulkan to render incorrectly.
Additional multiplayer servers added and support for server scaling.
The issue that caused the incorrect refresh rate to be used if a game is not being played in fullscreen has been fixed.
- Over 200 dialogs contain fixed pauses or long silences.
- In some dialogues, companions no longer block your view.
- Fixes a problem with the camera whereby you could see Gale’s back when you asked him to put your hand on his chest.
- When Shadowheart hears Shar’s voice, a popped sound will be heard.
- Fix the paddle hand of Gale in one of his dialogs.
- In the Emerald Grove, Guex looks at the ground when he speaks.
- Fixes a camera that was blocked in Benryn’s dialogue at Waukeen’s Rest.
- Fix clipping issues and other problems in the scene when you hear Absolute’s voice approaching the Goblin camp.
- Fixes a problem with the camera and the pop that occurred in the dialog between the owlbear inside its cave.
- After combat with Last Light, the feet of players are now fixed when they speak to Jaheira.
- One of Astarion’s lines was cut in half during a dialogue between campers.
- After some friends of Asterion visited the camp, we fixed several issues with the animation.
- Fix for a crash when players use Body Type 4 at the Goblin Camp.
- Fixes a problem with the camera in the dialog between Edowin and Brynna.
- After the goblins are defeated, Kagha’s eyes will roll backward.
- Fixes a positional issue for Lorin within the lair of the hag.
- During conversations with Astarion, I cleaned up some mocap.
- Fix a pop-up head in the Blighted Village scene.
- Fix the animation of Wyll’s face in the Last Light dialogue.
- When Fel Fixed Sceleritas tells Dark Urge to do a particular misdeed, Fel is a bit too close.
- Fixes a problem with the camera in the Moonrise scene.
- Fixes a minor glitch when Mizora rescues Zariel’s assets.
- Fixes a clipping problem with the hag’s leaves and arms in Blushing Mermaid.
- Fix some issues with character positioning in the end-game scene.
- Fix a problem with the camera for female gnomes during a Moonrise dialogue involving something that came through a brick wall.
- When speaking with Balthazar, you can now hear a pop when the golem of the flesh is mentioned.
- Fixes a problem with the camera when speaking to Therezzyn’s dire wolves.
- Character placement problems in the Last Light scene of Mol and Raphael on the lance board have been fixed.
- Fixes a problem with character placement that was causing Lae’zel to float over the edge of the nautiloid.
- Fixes several bugs in the dialog with Bernard on the Arcane Tower.
- Fixes a problem with the camera in the boating scene when you are heading toward a specific pool.
- Fixed minor issue in mocap with Fist Rowan at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- The night following the camp celebration, Minthara was seen with suspicion looking at the side.
- When you throw a coin in the Blighted village’s well, the heads of the fixed characters will pop downward.
- Fix a minor glitch when Shadowheart tells you you’ll need her in the Goblin Camp.
- Changed the expression of Astarion in his dialogue with Gandrel at Sunlit Wetlands.
- Fixes Blurg not being visible and Astarion stuck in the incorrect animation of the Myconid Circle.
- Fixes for several bugs in the dialog with the amulet of the monk.
- Fixes several problems in the dialog with Dammon and Karlach regarding her heart.
- Fixes several problems in Fortuno’s dialogue at Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed several issues with animation in dialogues between Kansif, Warrior Vez, and the Shadow-Cursed Lands.
- There was a small timing problem with the Dream Visitor Line when speaking to Therezzyn at the creche.
- Fixes for several issues related to voice-over lines.
- If you are on the Harpers’ side, the eyes of characters in the Shadow-Cursed Lands ambush scenes will no longer be looking the wrong way.
- I cleaned up some mocap during conversations with Gale.
- The dialogue between Astarion and me about the illithid power was cleaned up with some mocap.
- Add some grunts of pain for the player to a scene about Wyll and the Colony.
- Grunts were added to a Dark Urge scene after players resisted their Urges.
- Drenn’s presence is now visible in Moonrise when Minthara defends herself.
- Fixes a long silence in the dialogue after Halsin’s endgame battle.