Get a Ticket to the Tom Holland Movie and The Best Uncharted Games Coming to PS5 in January
Naughty Dog and Sony have shared more information about the Uncharted and Uncharted: A Thief’s End and Uncharted PlayStation 5 remasters. They also revealed deals, cheaper purchasing options and the PC port that will be coming next year.
The news that the collection will be available on PlayStation 5 is top of the news. It will be available on January 28. The PS5 will get remastered versions the two most popular (and best) Unchartedgames. These games are already compatible with the PS5 system via backwards compatibility. However, these versions will have more bells and whistles to make the most of the PS5’s better tech. The DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers, haptic feedback and visual updates are all available.
- Fidelity Mode For those with 4K displays and who want to see the amazing environments of the Uncharted series in their best light, choose Fidelity Mode. You will play native 4K resolution at a 30fps framerate.
- Performance Mode We have carried the high framerate PS4 patch over with Performance Mode. This mode targets a frame rate of 60fps.
- Performance+ Mode If you want smooth gameplay and don’t mind some resolution drops, then try our first Performance+ Mode. It targets 120fps* at 1080p resolution.
This pricing is where Sony begins to fulfill its promise to charge $10 for any PS4 or PS5 upgrade following the controversy around Horizon Forbidden West earlier in the year. The Legacy of Thieves Collection costs $50. However, if you already own Uncharted 4 or Uncharted 4: The Lost Legacy, you can upgrade to the entire Legacy of Thieves Collection by paying $10. The upgrade process on the PlayStation Store will be the same as for digital copies. However, if you already own Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, or the full Legacy of Thieves Collection, you can upgrade to the full collection for $10. Anyone who purchased Uncharted4 via PlayStation Plus will not be eligible for this upgrade. It is also worth noting that the collection does not include the multiplayer mode, which was included in either game.
Anyone in Australia, New Zealand or the USA who purchases the Legacy of Thieves Collection before February 3 will receive a coupon code that can be used to get tickets to the movie. For information about other territories, the PlayStation Blog suggests that you “stay tuned”. The movie will be released in theaters on February 18th.
- Uncharted 4’s Crash Bandicoot Egg Easter Egg Completes the Circle in Animated teaser
- Sony creates PlayStation PC Label to its PC Ports
- A former employee of PlayStation is suing the company for gender discrimination
The Legacy of Thieves Collection will also be coming to PC. However, there is no release date beyond 2022. Sony promises to touch on this later. This does draw attention to the fact the first three Uncharted games are not on the platform. Sony has made moves to bring its games on PC. However, bringing only two of the last five games in a 5-part series (six counting Uncharted) feels strange to me as a way to introduce Uncharted new players. Will the first three games still be available in 2021? It depends on who you ask. They are still very important pieces of the series’ puzzle. It would be great to have the Uncharted Collection on computer someday.